Monday, August 21, 2017

Jacob - August 14, 2017

Hey everybody, this week went by well and pretty quick. I have a new
companion named Elder Mckellar. He's been around a few different
places, but lived the majority of his life in Iowa. He's really nice
and kind and has a fire to do the work. All the missionaries here do.
We had a good week together. We contacted tons of people, it reminded
me a lot about the first week i had with elder cooper. We've also been
able to visit several members and encourage them to share the gospel
through social media. Sometimes that was successful. I think the
members around here don't really have fears about posting stuff, but
could do better at following up with the people that comment and like
the posts. So we are going to try and help them on that aspect. We
weren't able to teach a ton of people this week, people are stubborn
to let us teach them even though we are persistent. So hopefully as we
follow up with people this week that we will find some more prepared
people. Also this week I had my "my Plan" Meeting, that was good, just
a meeting to help me think about what I'm going to be doing with my
life. Nothing I guess to crazy. But everything is going well here.
Still finding joy in the work despite the challenges that come. I love
being here in SoCal, the people here are the best!

Elder Baer

No comments:

Post a Comment