Monday, August 21, 2017

Jacob - August 21, 2017

Hey family, first things first because I'll probably forget to mention
it if I don't write it now. But I won't be writing this upcoming
Monday because P-day will be on Friday. It'll be a Temple day so
that's the reason why, I'm pretty excited. But this week for us went
by pretty well. We dropped a bunch of people and in turn we met a lot
of new people this week. Some have already began reading in the Book
of Mormon. We have a lot of good expectations, especially one because
she is friends with a less active and the less active is helping her
read and learn, hopefully she'll become active in the process. Also
this past week we had a zone conference. We spoke about Diligence, the
new mission standards of excellence, dignity, & how to more
effectively plan. It was a good conference, I especially liked the
comments about diligence, it's probably my most favorite attribute of
Christ. Also this week we had an exchanges with the district leader, I
was with elder Wilkinson up in his area. We had a good time together
and it was a pretty quick day. We taught a good amount. I'm not sure
if I can say I learned anything new, not sure if that's a bad thing, I
wanted to use the Book of Mormon more on street contacts, but the
areas we went to didn't really present opportunities to do so, so I'll
have to do it here in my are throughout the week. I've been studying a
lot of agency scriptures to share, trying to motivate people to choose
to follow God and not be passive about it while at the same time
warning people of the consequences of sin. Some scriptures I liked
were: Hel. 14:30, 2 Nephi 2:27 & Alma 42:27. Some of them are a bit
fuego(y), but there all super true. 2 Nephi 2:27 is probably the best
one for street contacts. Anyways as I've said, things are going well
in the area. We have a LOT of people to follow up with. This past week
we took some time to go through our area book to look for people we
had met before and found like 20 or so names that we need to go follow
up with. So we are going to be trying to find the balance between
finding and teaching the investigators that we already have. We are
looking forward to the challenge and we already have some lessons with
our ward mission leader and bishop set up. This past Sunday we got a
new ward mission leader, Hermano Cuevas, he is super cool and pumped
for missionary work. We can tell he doesn't quite know what it
entails, but he is ready to go to work. Also this week I finished
reading the B.O.M. in Spanish so that's I think number 5 for times
I've read it on the mission. It's a super good book, inspired by God
and every time I read it, something new sticks out at me. For the
remainder of my time I'm going to try reading the new testament. I'm
looking forward to this week and the one that is coming. We also
received news that Elder Christofferson is coming to our mission, well
actually to the stake conference coming up. It'll be interesting
though because this past transfer, one of the ward's was moved from
the Anaheim mission to the Irvine Mission and the stake center falls
on the Irvine side, so we are going to need permission from a Seventy
to go to that, but it's decently far still so I'lll worry about that
later. Lot's of cool things are going on in the mission though. But
this is it for this letter. I love you all and I'll talk to you soon.
Take care!


No comments:

Post a Comment